Tuesday, May 14, 2013

30 Day Book Challenge - Day 6

Day 6 - A book that makes you sad... "Mockingjay" (The Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins

Today I'm going to keep it short and sweet. Now, the ending of "Mockingjay" doesn't make me sad exactly. It more so brings out a bittersweet feeling in me.

Katniss and her crew prevailed in the end but they suffered many, many loses along that journey to freedom. One of the things I've always loved about the Hunger Games is how much I can relate to the characters. They have their good times and their bad times, their happy times and their sad times - just like every other person in the world. Katniss isn't a character that walks around with rose colored glasses and everything in the world is perfect.

"Mockingjay" is a wonderful book but it just makes me sad that Katniss ends up losing the one thing she was always trying to save. The one thing that started it all.

Coming up tomorrow: A book I find vastly underrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment